Once a year, we open our doors to submissions from new and emerging writers to send us their prose, poetry, scripts or spoken word to be in with a chance to be part of the next Room 204 group.
- 1-1 meetings, 2 times a year, with experienced Writing West Midlands staff.
- A year’s membership to the Society of Authors
- Access to a “writer buddying” scheme.
- Group networking and career development sessions.
- Occasional workshops on particular themes such as pitching, fundraising, time management or digital writing.
- Tailored signposting and brokering via Writing West Midlands towards performance and development opportunities, potential collaborators, bursaries, courses and events that might benefit the individual writer.
- Access to a private information-sharing and support group on Facebook.
- A free place at the National Writers’ Conference on 20 June 2020, run by Writing West Midlands.
- Ongoing support as a member of Room 204 beyond the 1st year.